Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 2- It's working!

Wow... I've only cut out the obvious sugar from my diet for a few days now, and already the plateau/gain has been stopped. I went to the gym this afternoon and my weight is back down to 247.8 (I was at 251 last week) and my lean body mass is up a lot (almost 20 pounds from where I started). Some might freak out about gaining 20 pounds of muscle but I'm happy about it. I know it will help me in the end.

I don't want to be a skinny girl. I want to be a muscular girl. I want to be fit and strong and able to do the things that I love (mostly ride my horses).

I worked out with Tracy, my physical therapist/trainer, this afternoon and she kicked my butt. In a good way! There were some things I didn't think I could do, but I made it through them all. I do have to declare a formal hatred of side plank, though.

My commitment for this week is to write down everything I eat and to do at least 60 minutes of cardio (above and beyond the riding). I h ave a show this weekend, so I'm keeping the gym time on the light side. I have to be able to move this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. If you're concentrating on being the muscle girl, then take the weight you see on the scale with a big grain of salt. You know muscle weighs more than fat, and the strides you're making may not come across on the scale right away.

    I switched to 100% cardio just because I was in such a hurry to see pounds come off. Now that I'm closer to goal, I'm incoporating the weights. However, each of us has our own path, our own way of getting from point A to point B.

    It's unsettling how the weight creeps back, isn't it? Well, you're on the case now and you'll find a lot of support and encouragement on these blogs, if you stick with it.

    Good luck on your trek.

    ReplyDelete